• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nightmares, I fear sleeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Felix.

Bluelighter
Okay. So for a good month or two months I have been having nightmares. Maybe not every night but a lot. If it isn't a nightmare it is something i don't remember. These horror dreams are very detailed and long. I was curious as to if Bl would RECOMMEND any sites to help interpret or maybe some ways to help stop these dreams. I really cant relax before bed. I lay there a bit scared... like I am about to go somewhere I dread. :(

do you have any underlying things in your life right now?

normally stressed out?

grief?

bad experience lately?

i have bad nightmares 2 it could b caused by past experiances that you have 2 face and except so your nightmares will stop

I don't believe that dreams mean anything. The study of psychology has taught me that it is just the brain's way of processing the day's events into short term and long term memory.
Last night whenever I closed my eyes, I would see demons and evil creatures. It was strange and yes I was sober at the time. I just fought to think about my bf and happier things and eventually was able to sleep. Nightmares or things like I had last night can be scary. I used to have nightmares every night, soon they go away and you just forget about them. Try to set a good mood when you go to sleep and be patient.

I don't believe that dreams mean anything. The study of psychology has taught me that it is just the brain's way of processing the day's events into short term and long term memory.

I strongly disagree with that. I can only speak for myself, but my dreams mean a great deal.

Something is definitely bothering you .felix. Tell us about more the dreams if you can, and about your life in general.

I dream about you p. thrill...that dosen't mean anything? :( ;(

HAHA Hope they aren't bad ones. I had a nightmare tonight that woke me up, but it wasn't about BLers.
Likely, you see me on here, interact with me and what I say, and your brain is just trying to figure out where to store it. Thats all.
Although I'd be interested to hear what your brain comes up with.

Well I hold my belief on the basis of years and years of dream research...
But to each their own.

Like I said, I can only speak for myself, but I am quite different than most people in general so who knows. The study of psychology is only looking at things from a psychological perspective (duh lol) and not necessarily a deeper spiritual perspective. These dreams obviously mean something to the OP or he wouldn't be experiencing them with such intensity. .Felix. come back and tell us more so we can help you.

I wasn't trying to negate the OP's pain. My mom's friend had the same reoccurring dream that after she had her first child that she was rocking with the baby, and she woke up and the baby was gone, she got up and crushed the baby's head under the rocking chair. I just was trying to offer comfort that its normal, and it WILL get better.
Do you think you would feel better sharing what they have been?

Like I said, I can only speak for myself, but I am quite different than most people in general so who knows. The study of psychology is only looking at things from a psychological perspective (duh lol) and not necessarily a deeper spiritual perspective. These dreams obviously mean something to the OP or he wouldn't be experiencing them with such intensity. .Felix. come back and tell us more so we can help you.

(( The study of psychology is only looking at things from a psychological perspective (duh lol) and not necessarily a deeper spiritual perspective.))

^^^
Different psychological approaches view dreams from a different perspective, and hence give different meaning.

Jung was the expert in archetypes and dream work, but Freud was analytical as to parts of the person's unconscious, but also as daily events, you are very right they all have meaning.
Other psychological approaches, see it as only patterns of the mind. Each to their own. When there are emotions and intensity involved-there is a lot playing on the OP's mind but need the dream's details and OP's emotions to translate!

Status
Not open for further replies.